Jul 17 2020
Blackmagic Design company had announced a whooping 12 k resolution raw recording with Super 35 sensor of color array that it features a unique (non-bayer) design with an equal number of RGB pixels…usually a bayern design will have red,blue and more green color array( 25,25 and 50).
Internal ND filter,Interchangable lens mount, no crop factor in recording in all resolution.
This 12 k video may benefit for oversampling for 8k or 4k video and reframe for CGI shots.
Getting 100fps at 8k is another point that may create some interest.
But heating issue, huge data and non exhibit (12k) format all are some points to be answered by this model once it hits the market.
The key features of the new Blackmagic Design Ursa Mini Pro 12K at a glance
– 12288 x 6480 12K super 35 sensor
– For use in feature films, VFX and high-end commercials
– Dynamic range of 14 f-stops and native ISO sensitivity of 800
– New Blackmagic RAW codec for real-time editing in 12K
– Optimization of Blackmagic RAW for Metal, CUDA and OpenCL
– Generation 5 Color Science with new film curve
– For shooting at 60 fps in 12K, 110 fps in 8K and 220 fps in 4K
– Recording on dual CFast cards with up to 900 MB/s
– Included PL mount; EF and F mounts available as options
– SuperSpeed USB-C for recording to external drives
– Includes DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production
Cost of camera is also very reasonable would be around 6 lakhs in Indian market.