RED digital cinema has added up a new interesting edition of a camera with dual sensitivity and low light performance.
The GEMINI 5K S35 sensor has dual sensitivity modes to provide greater flexibility for a variety of shooting environments, cinematographers has a choice to select to shoot in standard mode for well-lit conditions and Low light mode for low light environments, the RED EPIC-W with GEMINI 5K S35 sensor delivers incredible dynamic range and produces cinematic quality images.
Since DSLR full frame sensor cameras has ability to shoot in a very dark environment by pushing ISO beyond 2000, but with a compromise of compressed data. RED has really come with a digital cinema camera which has ability to shoot with a ISO 3600 and more is a game changer.
The GEMINI 5K S35 sensor delivers exceptional low-light performance allowing for cleaner imagery with less noise and better shadow detail. Operators can easily switch between modes through the camera’s on-screen menu with no down time.
The Gemini uses large pixels and is an S35 5K 30.72mm x 18mm sized sensor that RED claims are 2 stops more sensitive than Helium. The Gemini sensor is housed in a custom DMSC2 body and can shoot 5K at up to 96fps.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE EPIC-W WITH GEMINI 5K S35 SENSOR
- New 15.4 Megapixel 5K S35 sensor that delivers optimized low-light performance
- 30.72 mm x 18 mm (Diag: 35.61 mm)
- Dual sensitivity
- Seamless switching between Standard and Low Light modes
- Cinematic image quality
- Rated at 16.5 stops Dynamic Range
- Ships with IPP2
- 5K up to 96 fps Full Format
- 4K up to 30 fps and 2K up to 120 fps using ProRes or Avid
- Simultaneously record REDCODE plus ProRes or Avid
- Up to 275 MB/s write speeds
- Interchangeable lens mount